Now Foods AMARANTH GRAIN ORGANIC 1LB | Protein & Fiber Source
Amaranth is one of the few plant sources to offer a complete set of amino acids, making it a rare plant source of complete protein. It's naturally gluten-free and a good source of protein and fiber. It is perfect for gluten-free pasta, but should be combine with other grains/flours for baked goods since it has no gluten and will not rise on its own. Amaranth has a mild flavor that's both sweet and nutty, and it's a popular addition to many vegetarian recipes. The use of amaranth is also a great way to avoid common allergens like wheat, nuts, soy, dairy, eggs, and shellfish.
- Organic Ancient Grain with A Sweet and Nutty Flavor
- Good Source of Protein and Fiber
- Gluten Free
- Vegetarian/Vegan Product
1 cup of Living Now Organic Amaranth
2 1/2 cups of water
- Combine Amaranth and water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil then cover with tight fitting lid.
- Reduce heat to low and allow Amaranth to simmer for 20 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs.
**Tip: If you would like to turn this mixture into an amaranth porridge add another 1/2 cup of water and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes.
|Serving Size: about 1/4 cup (47 g)|
|Servings Per Container: about 10|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3 g||5%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||5%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g||28%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Organic whole grain amaranth (non-GMO).